Opportunity for 2018 and 2019 BA Graduates and MA Postgraduates
Craftspace returns to Birmingham Cathedral Square for the ninth year with In:Site, commissioning newly graduated and emerging makers to produce temporary site specific, participatory or publicly engaged artworks.
Working outdoors and responding to the architecture, people or heritage of Cathedral Square, each maker has a day to make their creative intervention on-site, turning the making process into a performance, gradually filling the grounds with artworks and installations.
Past commissions have included casting jewellery from cracks in paving slabs, contemporary lace pieces on trees inspired by tracking people’s movements around the park, and a pop up clay garden with contributions from the public growing throughout the day.
- Festival runs 5th-7th September 2019
- £150 commission award plus materials
- Travel expenses paid
- Up to 12 commission opportunities
- Open to 2018 & 2019 graduates and post graduates
- Selection panel of industry professionals
- Work will be on show for the duration of the festival
- Elements of the artwork can be prepared in advance of the festival but artists must produce the majority of the artwork on-site over the course of a day